Meet the key note speakers – FIG WORKING WEEK 2017Donderdag 9 februari 2017
Meet the key note speakers – and do not forget the early bird deadline
It is now time to register for FIG Working Week 2017 that will take place in Helsinki, Finland 29 May – 2 June 2017 at Messukeskus Expo and Convention Centre.
Opening Ceremony and Plenary Sessions
At the Opening Ceremony you will meet Key Note Speaker Ed Parsons who is the Geospatial Technologist of Google, with responsibility for evangelising Google’s mission to organise the world’s information using geography. In this role he maintains links with Governments, Universities, Research and Standards Organisations which are involved in the development of Geospatial Technology. Ed Parsons will set the scene for the FIG Working Week and its overall theme “Surveying the world of tomorrow – From digitalisation to augmented reality”.
Plenary session 1: Living of Tomorrow – In a Digitalised World
- Mr. Arvo Kokkonen, Director General, National Land Survey, Finland
Does the Surveying Sector Change Quickly Enough?
- Mr. Greg Bentley, Chief Executive Officer, President and Chairman of the Board Bentley Systems
3D City Initiatives
- Mr. Oumar Sylla, Land and GLTN Unit Leader, UN Habitat / Global Land Tool Network
The development of cities after Habitat III and the surveyors’ role
Plenary session 2: Professional behaviour – In a Digitalised World
- Ms. Heidi Kuusiniemi, Director, Navigation and Positioning, Finnish Geospatial Research Institute
Future trends in pervasive positioning
- Prof.dr. Yola Georgiadou, Professor in geo-information for governance Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), University of Twente
Geo-ethics: Past, Present, Future
- Dr. Jolyne Sanjak, Chief Program Officer, Landesa
Innovative and more affordable technology and how to democratize data gathering
Plenary session 3: The Contribution of our Profession – In a Digitalised World
- Prof. Markku Poutanen, Director, Geodesy and Geodynamics, Finnish Geospatial Research Institute
Future of Geodetic Reference Frames
- Dr. Janet Edeme, Policy Officer, Africa Union
The LSBi initiative
- Prof. Juha Hyyppä, Director, Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry Finnish Geospatial Research Institute
What about the future? How does the future look for surveyors in this technological era.