Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Make your mark as a Geotechnical Engineer for Boskalis Offshore Energy! In this role, you collaborate with several business units within Boskalis Offshore Energy, such as Seabed Intervention, Marine Services, Offshore Heavy Lift and Subsea Cables. These business units deal with the engineering, construction and operation of various offshore projects. Your work is focused on the renewables industry and comprises the geo-aspects of cable- and pipeline installation.
As a Geotechnical Engineer you’re mostly involved during tender stages but you also provide geo-engineering assistance and support during projects. With your knowledge of geotechnics and earth sciences, you provide input that allows our business units to maximize opportunities and properly deal with geohazards and their mitigation.
Your responsibilities as a Geotechnical Engineer
- Perform burial assessments for the installation of cables and pipelines
- Analyze the geotechnical and geophysical data received and interpret and visualize this data
- Analyze shallow geology and sedimentology of sites involved
- Recognize geohazards and risks involved, propose mitigation measures and report your findings in a comprehensible way
You’ll be working together with a multinational team of geo-specialists, all with their own talents and expertise in geology, engineering geology, geo technology, geophysics, morphology and oceanography. Collaboration also involves structural- and marine engineers, the survey department, tender- and project engineers and their managers.
A high degree of self-organization and a proactive work attitude are two crucial preconditions for being successful in this role. Based on your knowledge and experience, combined with your analytical and reporting skills, you are able to support our projects with geotechnical expertise. Your solid basis allows you to initiate & complete assessments and to review assessments carried out by colleagues as well as by external consultants. For every challenge, you see opportunities for continuous improvement of existing methods and techniques, as well as practical solutions.
To make your mark as a Geotechnical engineer, you have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geotechnical-, Engineering Geology, Earth Sciences
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in / affinity for working with ArcGIS applications
- Experience in / affinity for programming in Python
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English language
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a coffee place where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis!. Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: You will be a part of the Geo department of Global Engineering, the engineering department within Boskalis Offshore Engineering. You will report to Manager Geo Engineering.
- Where you will work: You will be based in the head office in Papendrecht. For office-based roles, in consultation with your manager and your team, you work partly at home and partly in the office.
- Full/part-time job: The position of Geotechnical Engineer is a fulltime job (40 hours a week).
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Geotechnical Engineer. Please contact email@example.com, Corporate Recruiter via +31 (0)6 50 18 53 27.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.