Stagiair geo 3D
Do you want to immerse yourself in deep learning algorithms, 3D processes, and see what these methods can mean for the basic 3D provision? We are making space for new talent! We are looking for a:
Geo 3D intern
You have a passion for various geo-technologies and would like to apply this is the field of 3D data. You will explore the possibilities of adding more data to our 3D model.
You will be working in the Kadaster Geo Expertise Center (GEC). This is a cluster within the Geodata Services department. The cluster consists of 15 colleagues who work passionately on social issues in the field of geo information. Each of them brings their own specific knowledge to the table. Each day, we explore new possibilities for data, techniques and process development and how to make them applicable. Examples include 3D, vision topography, European collaborations and automatic image recognition. You will mostly work independently, but your colleagues will always be there when you need them.
What will you be doing?
During your internship, you will be working on automatic image recognition and 3D processes. We currently have a 3D model based on point clouds. The buildings shown in this 3D model do not yet have any windows and doors. We would like to add these to our 3D model and automatically detect them using deep learning techniques from cyclorama images.
You will also be developing a process that places these windows and doors at the correct position and scale in the 3D model. You will be given complete freedom to develop your own algorithm. We formulate your internship assignment in consultation with each other. There is also an option to only perform part of the assignment. We will coordinate this in close consultation with each other!
Application of deep learning algorithms
You can contribute to improving our 3D model and adding new deep learning algorithms to our current algorithms. The 3D model can help in emergency situations. An example of this is the fire service. By improving the 3D model, the fire service will know how many floors a house has and about access to the building.
You are following a relevant course at university level, such as GEO or data science. Knowledge of and experience with GIS and Python are required. In addition, knowledge of deep learning is a plus.
You are analytical, curious, enthusiastic and eager to develop. The start date and duration of your internship will be agreed upon in consultation. Preferably you will start in the short term.
As an intern, you won’t play a ‘supporting role’ with us, we will fully integrate you into the team. You will join a pleasant working environment where you will be given plenty of space to ask questions. With us you can develop your talents. We also offer you:
- Good internship guidance. Your internship supervisor knows the profession well, will guide you professionally and help you grow. We think it is important that you really learn something while with us!
- A laptop that you can use during your internship.
- Flexible working days. We now work hybrid, which means that working from home is combined with working at the office. You will be based at our Zwolle site. There are good public transport connections to the site.
- More than 250 training courses in our own digital learning environment. That way you can get a little better every day.
- An internship allowance of €565 (based on a 36-hour internship week).
- We organise interactive and fun student sessions for all interns.
- The start date of the internship is agreed in mutual consultation.
Would you like to apply and submit your CV and application letter to us? You can do that using the orange button at the bottom of this page! Do you have any questions about the internship? Please contact us using the details below. You can reach us via WhatsApp, telephone and email.
+31 6 15 95 73 15 (ook WhatsApp)